WHO WE ARE
We are Lien Animal Clinic, a progressive small-animal veterinary practice in West Seattle that has been serving our community since 1951. We are a fun, hardworking group of 7 veterinarians and over 30 support staff that genuinely care about each other and about the patients we help every day. We always strive to provide our clients and their beloved critters with superior treatment from the moment they walk through our doors and are lucky enough to have some of the best clients you could ask for. We surround ourselves with positive co-workers who thrive in an environment where learning is encouraged, exceptional care is taught, and a little silliness is welcomed.
At Lien Animal Clinic our vision is to protect and nurture the human-animal bond by:
- Providing progressive, thorough, and thoughtful medical and surgical care while serving as our patients' advocates.
- Striving to work within client constraints and focusing on providing exceptional, empathetic customer service and education.
- Embracing change in a way that rewards innovation and applauds learning.
- Cultivating a positive impact on the global community.
- Incorporating our core values into our day-to-day practice life.
- Empowering each other with trust and respect in an open, fun, and family-oriented environment.
Dr. William Lien established Lien Animal Clinic as one of the first veterinary hospitals in West Seattle in 1951. The clinic has occupied its current site on Alaska Street since that time. Dr. Larry King joined the staff with Dr. Lien in 1968, upon graduating from the College of Veterinary Medicine at Colorado State University. Dr. King subsequently owned the practice for 18 years, from 1980 until 1999. In 1994, Dr. King oversaw a major remodel of the clinic. In 1999, Dr. King turned over ownership of the practice to the Kraabels, but he continued to work part-time until his retirement in January of 2008. Since his official retirement, Dr. King has continued to work occasionally as a relief doctor at the clinic, filling in when other doctors are ill or on vacation. Dr. Timothy Kraabel and Dr. Elizabeth Fritzler purchased the clinic in 1999. Ever since purchasing the clinic, the Kraabels dreamed of replacing the existing hospital. For several years they searched for a suitable site in West Seattle for a new clinic that was convenient, affordable, and appropriately zoned to allow an animal hospital. When no such site could be found, they decided to make the best use of their current site. Jeff Clark and his team from Architectural Werks was selected as the architect for a new building to be constructed on the back parking lot. Corstone Contractors broke ground in February of 2009 and the beautiful new hospital and parking lot were completed in August 2009.
Cat Friendly Practice®
We take extra steps to provide the best care and experience for you and your cat. The Cat Friendly Practice® program is a global initiative designed to elevate care for cats by reducing stress and making visits easier for cats and caregivers.